Search Hotels in Romsey
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 2 Nov 2019
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Romsey, which is also known for its bars and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Peppa Pig World, Southampton Cruise Terminal and St. Mary's Stadium.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Romsey
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Romsey
Attractions like Peppa Pig World, Paultons Family Theme Park and The Rapids are fun for kids of all ages. The forests and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Sir Harold Hillier Gardens and Mottisfront Abbey and Gardens. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Frankie's Fun Factory and Romsey Abbey.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Romsey. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Cromwell Arms - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Mortimer Arms - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this inn. This 4-star inn in New Forest District features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The White Horse Hotel & Brasserie - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Southampton Cruise Terminal, 8 mi/12.9 km from the city centre, and St. Mary's Stadium, which is 8.9 mi (14.3 km) away.
Getting around Romsey
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Romsey Station or Romsey Mottisfont and Dunbridge Station. Romsey may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Romsey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Romsey gets about 719.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Romsey?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Romsey, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Romsey?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Romsey?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Romsey?
What's the best boutique hotel in Romsey?
What's the best golf hotel in Romsey?
Romsey Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Romsey by Star Rating
- Hotels near Romsey Airports
- Areas of Romsey
- Accommodation near Romsey Attractions
- More accommodation types in Romsey
- Choose Your Romsey Hotel Style
- Search Romsey Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Romsey
- Hotels Near Romsey, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends