Visiting Ponta Delgada
Visitors can enjoy all that Ponta Delgada has to offer including the gardens, seaside and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Monte Palace Gardens, Madeira Stadium and Madeira Botanical Garden.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Ponta Delgada
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ponta Delgada
Monte Palace Gardens, Madeira Stadium and Madeira Botanical Garden are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Palheiro Gardens and Porto Moniz Natural Pools.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ponta Delgada. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Estalagem & Restaurante Côrte do Norte is located in central Ponta Delgada. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Sao Vicente can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Monte Mar Palace Hotel is located 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city centre. This 4-star resort in Sao Vicente features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Casa da Capelinha is located in the heart of Ponta Delgada. Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Sao Vicente can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include Funchal Marina, located 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the heart of the city, and CR7 Museum, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Dressing for Ponta Delgada
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Ponta Delgada each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°C