Visitors will appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and sporting events in Newbury. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its shopping, island views, and boating.
- Though not directly in Newbury, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Newbury
- Popular family attractions include Amesbury Sports Park, Wolf Hollow, and Blue Ocean Discovery Center
- The beach, seaside, and island views highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Old Town Hill, Joppa Flats Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, and Rough Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary
Getting around Newbury
Newbury has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Dressing for Newbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July through September averages 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Newbury is 1310 millimetres