Visiting New Milton
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in New Milton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its seaside, cafes and forests. Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Bournemouth Beach and Peppa Pig World are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in New Milton
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Milton
A favourite place to visit in the city is Sammy Miller Museum. In the area, you'll also find Beaulieu National Motor Museum and Bournemouth Beach.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in New Milton. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa - This 5-star hotel in New Forest District features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- The Cliff House Hotel - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Pebble Beach - This 5-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Bournemouth International Centre, 10.4 mi/16.8 km from the heart of the city, and Peppa Pig World, which is 13 mi/20.9 km away.
Getting around New Milton
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at New Milton Station. New Milton may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for New Milton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- New Milton gets about 27 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C