Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Brockenhurst, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful forests, lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Southampton Cruise Terminal and Southampton Maritime Museum.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Brockenhurst
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brockenhurst
The city is notable for landmarks like Palace House, Buckler's Hard and Beaulieu Abbey. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Beaulieu National Motor Museum and St. Nicholas Church.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Brockenhurst. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Broadlands Gate - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in New Forest District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Cottage Lodge Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in New Forest District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Forest Park Hotel - This 4-star hotel in New Forest District features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Southampton Cruise Terminal, 7 mi/11.2 km from the city centre, and Southampton Maritime Museum, which is 7 mi (11.3 km) away.
Getting around Brockenhurst
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Brockenhurst Beaulieu Road Station or Brockenhurst Station. Brockenhurst might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Brockenhurst
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Brockenhurst each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C