Visitors to Lostwithiel are sure to enjoy the bars and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rivers. Around the area, top sights include Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan and Padstow Harbour.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Lostwithiel
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lostwithiel
A couple of favourite places to visit are Restormel Castle and Lostwithiel Museum. In the area, you'll also find Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lostwithiel. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Penrose Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The Royal Oak Inn - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Fowey Valley - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Padstow Harbour, located 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city centre, and Watergate Bay Beach, which is 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away.
Getting around Lostwithiel
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lostwithiel Station. Lostwithiel might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lostwithiel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Lostwithiel gets about 33 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C