Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Par, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, spas and gardens. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, relaxing and countryside city has to offer, including its bars, beer and beaches.
- There are 5 Par hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Par
- Popular family attractions include Marsh Villa Gardens, Wingz Bird and Animal Sanctuary, and Eden Project
- The Parish Church of Saint Andrew the Apostle and Polkerris Beach are noteworthy landmarks
- The gardens, countryside and beaches provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Pinetum Park and Pine Lodge Gardens, Fowey Estuary, and Readymoney Cove
Getting around Par
There are plenty of options for getting around Par. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Par Station.
Staying in Par
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these traveler-recommended, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Penarth Guest House
- The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant
Penarth Guest House, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant has a 4.5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Par
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Par each year