Visiting High Wycombe
Visitors to High Wycombe are sure to enjoy the sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, ski areas and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Cliveden House, Windsor Castle and Legoland.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in High Wycombe
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 23.5 mi (37.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in High Wycombe
The picturesque setting of Chiltern Hills and West Wycombe Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hughenden Manor and Hell-Fire Caves.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in High Wycombe. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Crown at Radnage - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct. 4 - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
- The Old Bell - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Cliveden House, located 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Windsor Castle, which is 11.9 mi/19.1 km away.
Getting around High Wycombe
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from High Wycombe Station or High Wycombe Saunderton Station. High Wycombe might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for High Wycombe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 587 millimetres of rain falls on High Wycombe each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C