Search Hotels in Goathland
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Goathland are sure to enjoy the restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and churches. Yorkshire Moors, Whitby Abbey and Whitby Harbour are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Goathland
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 52.9 mi (85.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goathland
A favourite place to visit in the city is Yorkshire Moors. Additionally, in the area you'll find Whitby Abbey and Whitby Harbour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Goathland. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn On The Moor Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Mallyan Spout Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit around the area include Dalby Forest Visitor Centre, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city centre, and Scarborough Open Air Theatre, which is 13.3 mi/21.5 km away.
Getting around Goathland
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Whitby Goathland Station. Goathland might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Goathland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Goathland each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C