Visitors can enjoy all that Galiano has to offer including the spas and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Galiano
- The closest major airport is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Galiano
The city's natural beauty is on display at Wise Island, Montague Harbour Marine Provincial Park and Dionisio Point Provincial Park. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Sturdies Bay Ferry Terminal is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Galiano Island Community Library and Ballingall Islets Nature Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Galiano, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 64 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Driftwood Village is located 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the heart of Galiano. Guests who stay at this 3-star cabin in Galiano can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers love its high-quality beds and walkable location.
- Serenity by the Sea Retreat B&B is located in central Galiano. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Galiano features free WiFi, free parking and a library.
- Serendipity by the Sea is 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the centre of Galiano. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Saanichton can enjoy access to parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, located 15.4 mi (24.9 km) from the city centre, and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, which is 17 mi/27.4 km away.
Dressing for Galiano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Galiano gets about 1111.60 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C