Visiting Salt Spring Island
Visitors to Salt Spring Island are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and festivals. Top sights around the area include Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and Butchart Gardens.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodation options in Salt Spring Island
- The closest major airport is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base), 8.9 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salt Spring Island
The city's cultural venues include Blue Horse Folk Art Gallery and Artspring Arts Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Mount Maxwell Provincial Park, Cusheon Lake and Ruckle Provincial Park. Exploring the port is one of the top activities, while Ganges Marina, Long Harbour Ferry Terminal and Saltspring Marina are favourite sights to visit.
In Cowichan Bay, you'll find 58 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hedgerow House B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Stonehouse B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Beachfront at Vesuvius - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its quiet location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, 9.3 mi/15 km from the heart of the city, and Butchart Gardens, which is 17.3 mi/27.8 km away.
Dressing for Salt Spring Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 881.20 millimetres of rain falls on Salt Spring Island each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C