Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, gardens, and shopping in Victoria. Welcoming and walkable, this tropical city also attracts visitors with its bars, island views, and flowers.
- There are 3 Victoria hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YYJ-Victoria Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Victoria
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Bear Mountain Golf and Country Club, Juan de Fuca Golf Course, and Olympic View Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Langford Lanes, All Fun Recreation Park, and WildPlay West Shore Victoria
- The parks and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Luxton Park, Goldstream Provincial Park, and Butchart Gardens are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Westside Village Shopping Centre, Uptown Center, and MayFair Shopping Centre
Getting around Victoria
Victoria has many options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Victoria
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria, averaging GBP 142.04/night
- Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, averaging GBP 116.66/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like Cycle-Inn Bed & Breakfast, averaging GBP 96.78 per night. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating while Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway and Cycle-Inn Bed & Breakfast are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Victoria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Victoria gets about 34 millimetres of rain per year