Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sooke, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include Fisgard Lighthouse, Victoria Harbour and British Columbia Parliament Building.
- You'll find 535 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Victoria
- The closest major airport is in Victoria, BC (YWH-Victoria Inner Harbour), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Port Angeles, WA (CLM-William R. Fairchild Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sooke
The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Sooke Harbour, Sooke Potholes Provincial Park and East Sooke Park. Top activities include exploring the port and wildlife, while Saltwest Naturals and Tugwell Creek Honey Farm and Meadery are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are District of Sooke Municipal Hall and Sooke Region Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sooke. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 4 Beaches Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sooke Harbour House - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Fisgard Lighthouse, located 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre, and Victoria Harbour, which is 16.4 mi/26.4 km away.
Dressing for Sooke
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Sooke gets about 881.20 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C