Families will find kid-friendly activities in Enfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park. Around the area, top sights include Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Volleyball Hall of Fame and XL Center.
- You'll find 95 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Enfield
The picturesque setting of Scantic River State Park and Powder Hollow Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Grassmere Country Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Enfield. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Enfield - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Hartford - Enfield - With a stay at this 1.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Volleyball Hall of Fame, which is 15.6 mi/25.1 km away.
Dressing for Enfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 1164.60 millimetres of rain falls on Enfield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C