Search Hotels in Crowthorne
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Crowthorne has to offer including the art, gardens and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Ascot Racecourse, Legoland and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 1226 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 30.4 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crowthorne
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Ascot Racecourse, Legoland and Madejski Stadium. In the area, you'll also find Reading Abbey Ruins and Frogmore House.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Dial House Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Windsor Castle, located 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city centre, and Thorpe Park, which is 12 mi (19.3 km) away.
Getting around Crowthorne
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Crowthorne Station. Crowthorne might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Crowthorne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Crowthorne gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C