Guests will want to experience the fishing, bars and restaurants in Auldgirth. Welcoming and relaxing, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its castle and gardens.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 43.4 mi (69.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Auldgirth
- Fishing is a top activity, and 7stanes - Mabie is a great place to visit
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Morton Castle, Old Bridge House, and Lochmaben Castle
- The rivers, countryside and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and Caerlaverock Wetland Centre is one place worth a visit
Staying in Auldgirth
Searching for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You might like Friars Carse Country House Hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Friars Carse Country House Hotel with a 4.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Auldgirth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Auldgirth gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year