Visitors to Thornhill are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and gardens.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Thornhill
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 38 mi (61.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 50.4 mi (81.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thornhill
A favourite place to visit in the city is Drumlanrig Castle. You'll also find Dumfries Ice Bowl and Dryfesdale Lodge Visitor Centre in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Thornhill. This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Trigony House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Thornhill
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 1319.50 millimetres of rain falls on Thornhill each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C