Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2 Mar 2021
Reviewed on 2 Mar 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Andover, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, university setting and shopping. Top sights around the area include Salem Witch Museum, Walden Pond and Semitic Museum.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Andover
- The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Andover
The city's cultural venues include Addison Gallery of American Art and Robert S. Peabody Museum. The picturesque setting of Penguin Park and Pomps Pond exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Philips Academy (PA) is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Andover. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston-Andover - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Boston/Andover - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boston-Andover - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Salem Witch Museum, 15.7 mi/25.3 km from the city centre, and Walden Pond, which is 18 mi (29 km) away.
Getting around Andover
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Andover Station or Andover Ballardvale Station. Andover might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Andover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- About 1310 millimetres of rain falls on Andover each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Andover?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Andover, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Andover?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Andover?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Andover?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Andover?
What are some hotels with pools in Andover?
What is the best spa hotel in Andover?
How is it to stay in Andover?
What are the top places to visit in Andover?
How can I get around Andover?
What's the weather like in Andover?
Andover Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Andover by Star Rating
- Hotels near Andover Airports
- Accommodation near Andover Attractions
- More accommodation types in Andover
- Choose Your Andover Hotel Style
- Search Andover Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Andover
- Hotels Near Andover, Massachusetts
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends