History buffs will enjoy a visit to Morpeth and visitors are sure to appreciate the castle and monuments. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, bars, and spas.
- Though not directly in Morpeth, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Morpeth
- Popular family attractions include Eshott Heugh Animal Park, Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre, and Woodhorn Narrow Gauge Railway
- Its historic sites and castle are notable and landmarks to visit include Warkworth Castle, Alnwick Castle, and Dunstanburgh Castle
Staying in Morpeth
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like The Wellwood, averaging GBP 120.94 per night. The Wellwood, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Morpeth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 18°C with nighttime averages of 8°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Morpeth is 18 millimetres