Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Almaty are sure to enjoy the mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafes and monuments. A top sight in the city is Shymbulak Ski Resort.
- There are 170 hotels and other accommodation options in Almaty
- The closest major airport is in Almaty (ALA-Almaty Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Almaty
Cultural venues in the city include Almaty Opera House, National Museum of Kazakhstan and Central Park of Culture and Leisure. The city is notable for landmarks like Almaty Tower, Republic Square and Presidential Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Big Almaty Lake, Nedelka Park and 28 Panfilov Heroes Memorial Park.
In Medeu District, there are 170 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Almaty - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and location.
- Rixos Almaty Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Samal Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Almaty include Shymbulak Ski Resort.
Getting around Almaty
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Almaty Station. Almaty might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Almaty
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Almaty gets about 579 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Almaty?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Almaty, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Almaty?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Almaty?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Almaty?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Almaty?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Almaty?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Almaty?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Almaty?
Almaty Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Almaty by Star Rating
- Hotels near Almaty Airports
- Accommodation near Almaty Attractions
- More accommodation types in Almaty
- Choose Your Almaty Hotel Style
- Search Almaty Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Almaty
- Hotels Near Almaty, Almaty Province
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends