Travellers to Warminster give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights in the city include Longleat, Center Parcs Longleat Forest and Longleat Safari and Adventure Park.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Warminster
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 25.8 mi (41.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 33.2 mi (53.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Warminster
Attractions like Center Parcs Longleat Forest and Longleat Safari and Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Longleat, Stourhead Garden and Stourhead. In the area, you'll also find American Museum in Britain and Roman Baths.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Warminster. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Dove Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Home Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this 4-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Stourhead Gardens Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast. Expedia customers like its WiFi and walkable location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Thermae Bath Spa, 14.4 mi/23.2 km from the city centre, and Bath Abbey, which is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) away.
Getting around Warminster
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Warminster Station. Warminster may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Warminster
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 728.70 millimetres of rain falls on Warminster each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C