Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Torremolinos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and festivals. Top sights in the city include Aqualand Torremolinos, La Carihuela and Bajondillo.
- There are 545 hotels and other accommodation options in Torremolinos
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Torremolinos
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Pablo Ruiz Picasso Cultural Centre. Favourite family attractions include Aqualand Torremolinos and Crocodile Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Costa del Sol Square, Torremolinos Synagogue and San Miguel Archangel Parish.
In Benalmadena Costa, you'll find 545 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Joy Beach B&B - Amenities at this 2.5-star pension include free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- La Luna Blanca - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Carihuela can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bajondillo Beach Cozy Inns - Adults Only - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, a bar and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Torremolinos include La Carihuela, Bajondillo and Los Alamos Beach. Popular places to see in the area include Benalmadena Marina, located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Port of Malaga, which is 7.9 mi/12.8 km away.
Getting around Torremolinos
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Torremolinos Station or El Pinillo Station. Torremolinos might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Torremolinos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Torremolinos is 20 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C