Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Benalmádena, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Benalmadena Marina, Tivoli World and Benalmadena Cable Car.
- There are 683 hotels and other accommodation options in Benalmádena
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP), 7.2 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Benalmádena
The city's cultural venues include Museo de Arte Precolumbino and House of the B-Fashion Doll. Families come for attractions such as Tivoli World, Benalmadena Cable Car and Selwo Marina. The city is notable for landmarks like Bil-Bil Castle, Plaza de Espana and Colomares Castle.
In Benalmadena Costa, you'll find 683 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Vincci Selección Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa - This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and proximity to the airport.
- Boutique X Pueblo Benalmadena - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- HYDROS Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other favourite sights in Benalmádena include Benalmadena Marina, Carvajal Beach and Sea-Life. Top places to visit in the area include Los Boliches Beach, located 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the heart of the city, and La Carihuela, which is 4 mi (6.4 km) away.
Dressing for Benalmádena
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Benalmádena gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°C