Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Nov 2018
History buffs will enjoy exploring Syracuse, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Cultural and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its cafes, archaeological sites and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Temple of Apollo, Cathedral of Syracuse and Museo Archeologico Regionale Paolo Orsi.
- There are 1023 hotels and other accommodation options in Syracuse
- The closest major airport is in Catania (CTA-Fontanarossa), 30.7 mi (49.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Comiso (CIY-Vincenzo Magliocco), 38.1 mi (61.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Syracuse
Cultural venues in the city include Temple of Apollo, Museo Archeologico Regionale Paolo Orsi and Archaeological Park of Neapolis. Notable for its historic sites, archaeology sites and cathedrals, the city's landmarks include Cathedral of Syracuse, Castello Eurialo and Piazza del Duomo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Ear of Dionysius, Fanusa Beach and Plemmirio Marine Park.
In Avola, you'll find 1023 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lemòni Suite - This bed & breakfast in Ortigia features free WiFi, parking and a free manager's reception. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- PhotoGuest - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Borgo Pantano - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Cathedral of Noto, located 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Akrai Archaeological Park, which is 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away.
Getting around Syracuse
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Syracuse Station or Targia Station. Syracuse might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Syracuse
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 525 millimetres of rain falls on Syracuse each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 6°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Syracuse?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Syracuse, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Syracuse?
What's the best hotel for families in Syracuse?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Syracuse?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Syracuse?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Syracuse?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Syracuse?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Syracuse?
Where's the best place to stay in Syracuse to absorb the local history?
Syracuse Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Syracuse by Star Rating
- Hotels near Syracuse Airports
- Areas of Syracuse
- Accommodation near Syracuse Attractions
- More accommodation types in Syracuse
- Choose Your Syracuse Hotel Style
- Search Syracuse Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Syracuse
- Hotels Near Syracuse, Sicily
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends