Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 30 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 21 Oct 2020
Visitors to Shalimar are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, Destin Harbor Boardwalk and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
- You'll find 5497 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 7 mi (11.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shalimar
A favourite place to visit in the city is Shalimar Pointe Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Destin Harbor Boardwalk.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Shalimar. This is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, 7.3 mi/11.7 km from the heart of the city, and Destin Commons, which is 9.7 mi/15.6 km away.
Dressing for Shalimar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Shalimar gets about 1802 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Shalimar?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shalimar, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Shalimar?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Shalimar?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shalimar?
Shalimar Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Shalimar by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shalimar Airports
- Accommodation near Shalimar Attractions
- More accommodation types in Shalimar
- Choose Your Shalimar Hotel Style
- Search Shalimar Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shalimar
- Hotels Near Shalimar, Florida
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends