Search Hotels in Okaloosa Island, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 13 May 2018
Reviewed on 25 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 5 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 12 Jan 2021
Visiting Okaloosa Island
Travellers to Okaloosa Island give high marks for the beaches and entertainment choices. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, Destin Harbor Boardwalk and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1432 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Pensacola
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 7.2 mi (11.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Okaloosa Island
Attractions like Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Wild Willy's Adventure Zone are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable city landmarks like Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island and Okaloosa Island Pier might be worth a visit. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fort Walton Beach Park, John Beasley Park and Okaloosa Island Beach.
In Fort Walton Beach, you'll find 938 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Ft Walton Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Destin Harbor Boardwalk, 3.6 mi/5.8 km from the city centre, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, which is 6.1 mi/9.8 km away.
Dressing for Okaloosa Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Okaloosa Island is 1584 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Okaloosa Island by Star Rating
- Accommodation near Okaloosa Island Attractions
- More accommodation types in Okaloosa Island
- Choose Your Okaloosa Island Hotel Style
- Search Okaloosa Island Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Okaloosa Island
- Hotels Near Okaloosa Island, Pensacola
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends