Search Salò Hotels, Lombardy
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travellers to Salò give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus and Scaliger Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 143 hotels and other accommodation options in Salò
- The closest major airport is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salò
The city's cultural venues include Italian Social Republic Documentation Center and Museo di Salò. The city is notable for landmarks like Palace of the Magnificent Motherland, Salo Duomo and Church of San Bartolomeo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Parco Alto Garda Bresciano.
Popular places to see outside the city include Vittoriale degli Italiani, 2 mi/3.3 km from the city centre, and Grotto of Catullus, which is 8.3 mi (13.3 km) away.
Dressing for Salò
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Salò is 32 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C