History buffs will enjoy a visit to Salo, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments, museums, and library. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and relaxing, lakefront city can discover its restaurants, bars, and wineries.
- There are 19 Salo hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Salo
- Top activities include wine tasting and taking a ferry, while Comincioli Farm, La Basia Winery, and Cascina Belmonte Winery are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its museums, while Italian Social Republic Documentation Center, Scaliger Castle, and Museo Il Divino Infante are some local cultural sights
- Popular attractions include Rimbalzello Adventure and Gardaland
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, library, and landmarks such as Palace of the Magnificent Motherland, Salo Duomo, and Church of San Bartolomeo
Salo is 24 mi (38.6 km) from Riva del Garda. Top sights in the area include Vittoriale degli Italiani and Grotto of Catullus.
Getting around Salo
There are plenty of options for getting around Salo. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Salo
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Salo has 19 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 11 hotels ranging from GBP 53 to GBP 297 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Hotel Spiaggia D'oro, averaging GBP 137.56/night
- Locanda del Benaco, averaging GBP 144.36/night
Hotel Spiaggia D'oro, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also Locanda del Benaco has a 4.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Salo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the nighttime average
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Salo each year