Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sirmione, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, monuments, and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this lakefront city will also delight visitors with its shopping, wineries, and opera houses. Top attractions include Scaliger Castle and Grotto of Catullus.
- There are 70 Sirmione hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sirmione
- Wine tasting, taking a ferry, and windsurfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Provenza Cantine, Zenato Winery, and Port of Maratona
- Known for its opera, while Scaliger Castle, Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda, and Desenzano Castle are some local cultural sights
- Popular attractions include Center Aquaria Spa and Wellness Center and Gardaland
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks to visit include Grotto of Catullus, Santa Maria Maggiore, and Church of Santa Maria della Neve
Sirmione is adjacent to Desenzano del Garda. Popular sights in the area include Vittoriale degli Italiani and Castello Bonoris.
Getting around Sirmione
There are plenty of options for getting around Sirmione. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Sirmione
In Sirmione, you'll find 70 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, making it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable price:
- 50 hotels, ranging from GBP 59/night to GBP 415/night
- 10 apartments, ranging from GBP 53/night to GBP 118/night
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Hotel Sirmione, averaging GBP 208.93/night
- The Garda Village, averaging GBP 84.35/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel Eden, averaging GBP 209.33/night
- Hotel Continental, averaging GBP 223.37/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Eden with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating while Hotel Continental and Hotel Sirmione are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Sirmione
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 30°C with nighttime averages of 12°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- About 32 millimetres of rain falls on Sirmione each year