Search Hotels in Lake Garda
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Lake Garda
Desenzano del Garda City Centre
5/5Exceptional!(17 area reviews)
Desenzano del Garda City Centre is noteworthy for its lake views, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Desenzano Castle and Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Unique features of Old Town include the shopping and restaurants. Make a stop by Church of San Nicolo and San Severo or Monumento ai Marinai while you're exploring the area.
Peschiera del Garda City Centre
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Lake views and restaurants are notable features of Peschiera del Garda City Centre. You might consider stopping by Porta Brescia while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
Visiting Lake Garda
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lake Garda, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and relaxing spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafes and theme park. Top sights in the city include Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus and Scaliger Castle.
- There are 2877 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Garda
- The closest major airport is in Verona (VRN-Valerio Catullo), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brescia (VBS-Gabriele D'Annuzio), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Garda
Cultural venues in the city include Scaliger Castle, Roman Villa of Desenzano del Garda and Italian Social Republic Documentation Center. Attractions like Canevaworld - Aqua Paradise, Movieland and Gardaland are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Vittoriale degli Italiani, Grotto of Catullus and Castello Scaligeri.
In Bardolino, you'll find 2877 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Vega - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- B&B Garda 4U - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Garda Life - With a stay at this 3-star property, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Other favourite sights in Lake Garda include Tower of Apponale, La Rocca and Villa Dei Cedri. Popular places to see in the area include Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi, 18.4 mi/29.7 km from the heart of the city, and Basilica of San Zeno Maggiore, which is 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away.
Getting around Lake Garda
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Peschiera Station, Desenzano del Garda Station or Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione Station. Lake Garda might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lake Garda
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Garda is 696 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Lake Garda by Star Rating
- Areas of Lake Garda
- Accommodation near Lake Garda Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lake Garda
- Choose Your Lake Garda Hotel Style
- Search Lake Garda Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lake Garda
- Hotels Near Lake Garda, Italy
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends