Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Queenstown, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views and wineries. Top sights in the city include Coronet Peak Ski Area, Skyline Gondola and Queenstown Gardens.
- There are 647 hotels and other accommodation options in Queenstown
- The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Wanaka (WKA), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Queenstown
Cultural venues in the city include Lakes District Museum, Toi o Tahuna and Queenstown Arts Centre. Attractions like Skyline Gondola, Kiwi and Birdlife Park and Cardrona Adventure Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Walter Peak High Country Farm, Williams Cottage and Arrowtown Chinese Settlement.
In Closeburn, you'll find 647 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Azur Luxury Lodge - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Sunshine Bay features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and location.
- Gibbston House - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Millbrook Resort - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Queenstown include Coronet Peak Ski Area, Queenstown Gardens and Shotover Jet.
Dressing for Queenstown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 997.00 millimetres of rain falls on Queenstown each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 2°C