Search Hotels in Prague City Center
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Prague City Center hotel prices
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Feb 2020
Where to stay in Prague City Center
4.5/5Wonderful!(630 area reviews)
Known for its popular shops and acclaimed art galleries, there's plenty to explore in Prague 1. Check out top attractions like Charles Bridge and Prague Astronomical Clock, and jump on the metro at Staroměstská Stop or Karlovy Lázně Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(542 area reviews)
The geographical and historical heart of Prague, this UNESCO-listed district features a tangle of cobblestone streets lined by Baroque churches, palaces and houses.
5/5Exceptional!(312 area reviews)
This handsome, historical neighborhood, filled with charming cobbled streets, cute courtyards, interesting museums and parks, is perfect for aimless wandering.
2/5(1 area review)
Known for its ample dining options and fascinating museums, there's plenty to explore in Prague 2. You can visit top attractions like Dancing House and Vysehrad Castle, and jump on the metro at I. P. Pavlova Station or Bruselská Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,151 area reviews)
Dynamic and buzzy, this central commercial district is packed with cultural attractions, chic shops and ample dining and drinking options.
Visiting Prague City Center
History buffs will enjoy exploring Prague City Center, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, cathedral and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its monuments, temples and local tours. Top sights in the city include Klementinum-Prague National Library, Charles Bridge and Prague City Hall.
- There are 736 hotels and other accommodation options in Prague City Center
- The closest major airport is in Prague (PRG-Vaclav Havel), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Prague City Center
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Charles Bridge, Rudolfinum and Old Jewish Cemetery. Notable for its historic sites, monuments and cathedrals, the city's landmarks include Klementinum-Prague National Library, Prague Astronomical Clock and Old Town Square. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kampa Park, Letna Park and Kampa.
In Prague, you can choose from 736 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Residence Agnes - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Prague 1 can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bishop's House - Our customers like the central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Prague 1 can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Unitas Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Prague 1 can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Other favourite sights in Prague City Center include Prague City Hall, Old-New Synagogue and Lennon Wall. Popular places to see outside the city include Dancing House, located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the city centre, and Generali Arena, which is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) away.
Getting around Prague City Center
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Prague City Center is easy. Nearby metro stations include Staromestska Station, Malostranska Station and Narodni Road Station. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Prague-Masarykovo Station or Prague Central Station.
Dressing for Prague City Center
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Prague City Center is 510.40 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C