Visitors can enjoy all that Pondicherry has to offer including the rocky beaches and temples. A top sight in the city is Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
- There are 178 hotels and other accommodation options in Pondicherry
- The closest major airport is in Pondicherry (PNY), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Pondicherry
The city is notable for landmarks like Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Matrimandir and Pondicherry Lighthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Paradise Beach, Botanical Gardens and Pondicherry Promenade Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple and Raj Niwas.
In Kottakuppam, there are 178 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Palais de Mahé- Cgh Earth - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel du Parc - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in White Town features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Le Dupleix - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in White Town can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting around Pondicherry
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Pondicherry-Puducherry Station, Pondicherry Villiyanur Station or Perani Station. Pondicherry might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pondicherry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the night-time average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September averages 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 34°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Pondicherry gets about 1210.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C