Visitors can enjoy all that Ahmedabad has to offer including the temples, festivals and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, gardens and monuments.
- There are 358 hotels and other accommodation options in Ahmedabad
- The closest major airport is in Ahmedabad (AMD-Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Intl.), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ahmedabad
The city's cultural venues include Sanskar Kendra Museum and Auto World Vintage Car Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Gandhi Ashram, Jama Masjid Mosque and Swaminarayan Temple. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Gujarat University and Vishwakarma Government Engineering College.
In Sarkhej, you can choose from 358 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Ahmedabad - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad - This 5-star hotel in Ahmedabad City Centre features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its central location and room service.
Getting around Ahmedabad
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Ahmedabad Junction Station. Ahmedabad may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ahmedabad
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°C and the night-time average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 42°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 36°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ahmedabad is 803 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 40°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 14°C