Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Chandigarh, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, musical theatre and zoo. Top sights in the city include Sector 17, Elante Mall and Sukhna Lake.
- There are 406 hotels and other accommodation options in Chandigarh
- The closest major airport is in Chandigarh (IXC), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shimla (SLV), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chandigarh
The city is notable for landmarks like Gurudwara Sri Amb Sahib, Gurudwara Nada Sahib and Baba Banda Singh Bahadur War Memorial. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden and Bird Sanctuary. Other notable sights to explore include Sector 17 and Elante Mall.
In Mohali, there are 406 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Chandigarh - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Hotel Icon - Our customers like the dining options and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Glades Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Chandigarh
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Chandigarh Station. Chandigarh might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chandigarh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chandigarh is 857.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 8°C