Travellers to Amritsar give high marks for the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and forests. A top sight in the city is Golden Temple.
- There are 300 hotels and other accommodation options in Amritsar
- The closest major airport is in Amritsar (ATQ-Raja Sansi Intl.), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lahore (LHE-Allam Iqbal Intl.), 28 mi (45 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amritsar
Cultural venues in the city include Partition Museum, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Panorama and Central Sikh Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Golden Temple, Akal Takht, and Durgiana Temple. The picturesque setting of Jallianwala Bagh Monument and Green Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Tarn Taran, there are 300 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Golden Tulip Amritsar - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Fairfield by Marriott Amritsar - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Amritsar, Queens Road - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Amritsar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 40°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Amritsar is 652 millimetres
- June and May are usually the hottest months averaging 38°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C