Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Varanasi, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the temples and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and archaeological sites. Top sights in the city include Kashi Vishwanath Temple and Dasaswamedh ghat.
- There are 203 hotels and other accommodation options in Varanasi
- The closest major airport is in Varanasi (VNS-Babatpur), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Varanasi
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Dasaswamedh ghat, and Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ramnagar Fort and JVH Mall.
In Chandauli, you can choose from 203 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- BrijRama Palace - A Heritage Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kedareswar Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham JHV Varanasi - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its quiet location and room size.
Getting around Varanasi
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Varanasi Junction Station. Varanasi may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Varanasi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 38°C and the night-time average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 42°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 25°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 35°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Varanasi is 32 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 40°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°C