Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Udaipur, which is also known for its gardens and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and safari tours. Top sights in the city include City Palace and Lake Palace.
- There are 452 hotels and other accommodation options in Udaipur
- The closest major airport is in Udaipur (UDR-Dabok), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Udaipur
Cultural venues in the city include Bagore-ki-Haveli Museum, Crystal Gallery and Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like City Palace, Lake Palace, and Jag Mandir. The lakes and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Gulab Bagh, Lake Fateh Sagar and Panchwati Circle.
In Gogunda, you'll find 452 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Mali Colony can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Leela Palace Udaipur - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Taj Lake Palace - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Udaipur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 42°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 36°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 36°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- About 816.20 millimetres of rain falls on Udaipur each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 40°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C