Families enjoy visiting Jalandhar though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, local tours and theme park.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodation options in Jalandhar
- The closest major airport is in Adampur (AIP), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ludhiana (LUH-Sahnewal), 40.3 mi (64.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jalandhar
The city's cultural venues include Pushpa Gujral Science City and Jang-e-Azadi Memorial. The city is notable for landmarks like Shri Guru Ravidas Temple, Shri Sai Baba Mandir and Imam Nasir Mausoleum. The picturesque setting of Nikku Park and Town Hall Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Kapurthala, there are 89 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Radisson Hotel Jalandhar - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ramada Encore by Wyndham Jalandhar - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Jalandhar
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Jalandhar City Station. Jalandhar might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Jalandhar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 40°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Jalandhar is 652 millimetres
- June and May are usually the hottest months averaging 38°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C