Visitors to Shimla are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, golf courses and university setting. A top sight in the city is Shimla Mall.
- There are 343 hotels and other accommodation options in Shimla
- The closest major airport is in Shimla (SLV), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Chandigarh (IXC), 37.2 mi (59.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shimla
Cultural venues in the city include Gaiety Theater, State Museum and Army Heritage Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Christ Church, Jakhu Temple and Viceregal Lodge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Annandale, Chadwick Falls and Craignano Nature Park.
In Kufri, you'll find 343 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Wildflower Hall, An Oberoi Resort, Shimla - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Hotel Marina - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Clarkes hotel, A grand heritage hotel since 1898 - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Shimla include Shimla Mall.
Dressing for Shimla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shimla is 857.50 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C