Travellers to Oahu give high marks for the beaches, shopping and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its China town and local tours. Top sights in the city include Waikele Premium Outlets, Pearlridge and Aloha Stadium.
- There are 2399 hotels and other accommodation options in Oahu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oahu
Cultural venues in the city include Dole Plantation, Polynesian Cultural Center and Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor. Attractions like Wet'n'Wild Hawaii, Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. Its China town and temples are notable and landmarks include USS Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri Memorial and Aloha Tower.
In Honolulu, you can choose from 2399 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Halekulani - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this resort. This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool.
- Real Select Vacations at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other favourite sights in Oahu include Waikele Premium Outlets, Pearlridge and Aloha Stadium.
Dressing for Oahu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 17°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 16°C
- About 1632 millimetres of rain falls on Oahu each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 16°C