Search Hotels in Waianae
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 7 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 22 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 12 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 31 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 27 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 6 Apr 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waianae, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Dole Plantation, Wet'n'Wild Hawaii and Waikele Premium Outlets.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodation options in Waianae
- The closest major airport is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waianae
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Pokai Bay Beach Park, Makaha Beach Park and Waianae Mountain Range. Snorkelling is a top activity, and Makaha Valley Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mauna Lahilahi Beach Park and Lualualei Beach Park.
Top places to visit in the area include Dole Plantation, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre, and Wet'n'Wild Hawaii, which is 10.6 mi/17.1 km away.
Dressing for Waianae
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- Waianae gets about 1632 millimetres of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°C