Visiting North Shields
North Shields has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and culturally rich, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its shopping, sporting events, and coffeehouses. A top attraction is Blue Reef Aquarium.
- There are 4 North Shields hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around North Shields
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Tynemouth Castle, Gateshead Millennium Bridge, and Tyne Bridge
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Eldon Square Shopping Centre, Central Arcade, and The Gate
North Shields is adjacent to South Shields. Popular sights in the area include Blue Reef Aquarium and Quayside.
Staying in North Shields
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Martineau Guest House, averaging GBP 141.78/night
- The Park Hotel Tynemouth, averaging GBP 104.93/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Martineau Guest House with a 4.1 out of 5 user rating.