Travellers give high marks for the seaside in Menton, which is also known for its gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, festivals and monuments. Top sights around the area include Casino Monte Carlo, Monte Carlo Formula 1 Track and Monaco Harbour.
- You'll find 584 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Monaco
- The closest major airport is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur), 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Menton
The city's cultural venues include Jean Cocteau Museum and Palais Carnoles. Notable city landmarks like Basilica of Saint Michael the Archangel and Chapel of the Penitents-Blancs might be worth a visit. The the sea and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fossan Beach, Market Beach and Plage des Sablettes.
In Ventimiglia, you can choose from 276 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Prince De Galles - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Princess et Richmond - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a fitness centre and a bar.
- Hotel Parisien - Amenities in this 2-star hotel room include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Top places to visit outside the city include Casino Monte Carlo, 4.7 mi/7.5 km from the heart of the city, and Monte Carlo Formula 1 Track, which is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) away.
Getting around Menton
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Menton Station or Menton-Garavan Station. Menton may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Menton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Menton gets about 533 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C