Visitors to Villefranche-sur-Mer are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and monuments. Villa Kerylos, Villa Ephrussi and Port of Nice are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2319 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Nice
- The closest major airport is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur), 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Villefranche-sur-Mer
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Place de la Paix and Chapelle de St-Pierre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Plage des Marinieres, Plage de Grasseuil and Plage Petite Afrique. Additionally, you might want to add Plage de la Darse to your agenda.
In Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, there are 131 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Welcome Hôtel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a sauna, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hôtel La Fiancée Du Pirate - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Le Versailles - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Villa Kerylos, 0.9 mi/1.4 km from the city centre, and Villa Ephrussi, which is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) away.
Getting around Villefranche-sur-Mer
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Villefranche-sur-Mer Station. Villefranche-sur-Mer might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 533 millimetres of rain falls on Villefranche-sur-Mer each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 5°C