History buffs will enjoy exploring Melrose, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Melrose
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 37.3 mi (60 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Melrose
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dryburgh Abbey and Melrose Abbey. You'll also find Abbotsford and Mary Queen of Scots House in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Melrose. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Burts Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Dryburgh Abbey Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- George and Abbotsford Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Northumberland National Park, located 26.7 mi (43 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Melrose
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Melrose gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 0°C