Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Marlborough, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and cafes. Top sights around the area include Stonehenge, Swindon Designer Outlet and Highclere Castle.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Marlborough
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 33.6 mi (54.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marlborough
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Avebury Stone Circle, West Kennet Long Barrow, and Silbury Hill. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Avebury Circle and The Merchant's House Marlborough.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Marlborough. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old Forge - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Inn with the Well - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Manor Farm B & B - Farm - This 4-star farm house features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Stonehenge, 15.9 mi/25.6 km from the city centre, and Old Sarum, which is 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away.
Getting around Marlborough
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Bedwyn Station. Marlborough may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Marlborough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Marlborough each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Marlborough?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Marlborough, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Marlborough?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Marlborough?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Marlborough?
What's the best accommodation in Marlborough to learn about local history?
Marlborough Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Marlborough by Star Rating
- Hotels near Marlborough Airports
- Accommodation near Marlborough Attractions
- More accommodation types in Marlborough
- Choose Your Marlborough Hotel Style
- Search Marlborough Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Marlborough
- Hotels Near Marlborough, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends