Visitors to Malmesbury are sure to enjoy the bars and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and churches. Around the area, top sights include Beckford's Tower, American Museum in Britain and The Holburne Museum.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Malmesbury
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 36.5 mi (58.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malmesbury
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Somerford Lagoon. Additionally, you might want to add Malmesbury Abbey to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Malmesbury. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Whatley Manor - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and quiet location.
- Best Western Mayfield House Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Kings Arms - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Beckford's Tower, 18.6 mi/29.9 km from the heart of the city, and American Museum in Britain, which is 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away.
Dressing for Malmesbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Malmesbury gets about 853.10 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C