Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Tetbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Thornbury Castle, Beckford's Tower and Forest of Dean are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Tetbury
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tetbury
Notable city landmarks like Highgrove House and Chavenage House might be worth a visit. The gardens and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Westonbirt Arboretum and Highgrove House and Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Thornbury Castle and Beckford's Tower.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Tetbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Calcot - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Cat and Custard Pot Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Close Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Forest of Dean, located 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the heart of the city, and The Holburne Museum, which is 19 mi/30.6 km away.
Dressing for Tetbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Tetbury each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C