Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chippenham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Cosy and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. American Museum in Britain, The Holburne Museum and Bath Abbey are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodation options in Chippenham
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chippenham
Notable city landmarks like Lacock Abbey and Dyrham Park might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Castle Combe Circuit and M4 Karting.
Popular places to see around the area include American Museum in Britain, located 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre, and The Holburne Museum, which is 11.4 mi/18.3 km away.
Getting around Chippenham
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Chippenham Station. Chippenham might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chippenham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Chippenham is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C