Families will find kid-friendly activities in Koutouloufari, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Cosy and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its beaches, bars and shopping. Top sights around the area include Star Beach Water Park, Palace of Knossos and Heraklion Port.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodation options in Koutouloufari
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Koutouloufari
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Star Beach Water Park, Palace of Knossos and Heraklion Port. Additionally, in the area you'll find Heraklion Archaeological Museum and Natural History Museum of Crete.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Koutouloufari. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Koutouloufari Village Holiday Club - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Creta Blue Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Esperides Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit in the area include Stalis Beach, 2.2 mi/3.6 km from the heart of the city, and Crete Golf Club, which is 2.4 mi/3.8 km away.
Dressing for Koutouloufari
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Koutouloufari each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C